Akasia Cloud: Migrating to the Cloud? How to Map to Most Optimal Cloud Resources from a Cost, Performance & Security Standpoint
Topic: Every enterprise is planning on migrating to the cloud but the complexity of choosing the most suited and optimal cloud resources often delays their cloud deployments. Cloud planning SaaS applications from Akasia answer these crucial questions in hours to expedite cloud migration decisions:
1. What applications, VMs and physical machines do I have on-premise (Discovery)
2. Which cloud platform - AWS, Azure, GCP, IBM Cloud, Oracle Cloud or VMC offers the most cost effective resources if I migrate my on-premise environment to the cloud (Cloud Costs Comparison)
3. Which of the thousands of resources in the cloud are the most equivalent to the on-premise resources (Cloud Mapping)
4. How much idle capacity do I have on-premise and what will cloud costs be if I only migrate resources that I am actively using (Right-Sizing to the Cloud)
5. What are my performance and security setting on-premise and what do I need to order or configure in the cloud to have equivalent performance and security (Cloud Planning)
6. During the cloud planning exercise can I tweak the cloud templates, geos, performance and security metrics to model various options (What-if analysis)
Attend this webinar to learn how companies such as IBM, Cognizant, Chevron, MoneyMart, Apache, PaperClip and many others use Akasia's SaaS applications to confidently plan for cloud migrations. See how Akasia discovers the on-premise environment and maps to the most optimal cloud resources (after parsing through hundreds of thousands of cloud options). Akasia's output clearly shows you the on-premise resources and their costs and the equivalent (and right-sized) resources in AWS, Azure, GCP, IBM Cloud, Oracle Cloud and VMC as well as their costs.
Garima Thockchom, Founder, Akasia Cloud
Garima Thockchom is a high-tech engineering and marketing veteran with over 20 years of experience at Sun Microsystems, VMware and Gale Technologies before she founded Akasia Cloud. She passionate about entrepreneurship and also advises startups and executives in the enterprise space.
Prior to Akasia she was VP Marketing at Gale Technologies, a startup that she repositioned as a leading provider of infrastructure automation and cloud solutions. Gale was acquired by Dell in 2012.
Garima headed Partner Solutions Marketing at VMware and responsible for overseeing VMware's partner solutions in the networking, management, high availability and security technology areas. At VMware Garima was instrumental in delivering key solutions with Cisco, HP Software, CA, Symantec, McAfee and 300+ technology partners of VMware.
Prior to joining VMware, Garima was the Group Manager of Product Management for Sun Cluster and N1 product lines at Sun Microsystems where she oversaw a 100% growth of the business by expanding the feature set of the 9+ products and by tapping into additional markets.
Garima holds a B.S. and M.S. in electronics and computer engineering from Bangalore University, India. She brings with her a unique combination of long term strategic vision combined with focused execution, along with a wide network of strong connections.
Thursday, August 23, 2018
12:00 PM - 1:00 PM (CT)